Monday, February 28, 2005

Manofredearth & Katieeden on Display



Manofredearth and Katieeden


Katie and I had an excellent time this past weekend at our friends' wedding. They had a Renaissance theme, and Katie made these outfits to wear. She also made two other dresses, plus the bodices. Her ability to create professional-looking clothing amazes me, and it's only a hobby! Between work required for her Masters degree, her job at the community college, and helping with Gabriel and things around the house, I believe she decided sleep was no longer a necessary function.

These outfits will also come in handy now that we're joining the Society for Creative Anachronism with the same friends who just got married. We also know of a few upcoming fairs and festivals we could wear these to. All in all, Katie did a phenomenal job, and I can't believe she pulled it off in the time she had!

Commence envy...

6 comments:

me said...

Doesn't work here, either.

mistic_mommy said...

I can see it and those are the coolest out fits ever!!!!!!!!

Tree said...

For those who still cannot see it, that is crazy. Maybe Google has something against you personally?

Thanks, Lis! They're a blast to wear. We went to an Irish pub after the wedding while still dressed, and people were checking us out and saying how cool our outfits looked all night. It was pretty fun.

Gerrard Fess said...

Looks good ..envy here ...LOL.

Tree said...

Emily,

We haven't joined yet, so I'm not sure what you're on about. However, we will be joining soon. We're planning on going to one of the weekend ren-fests in Tampa; the Celtic one is the weekend of March 19th, and that's the one we're going down for.

Maybe I'll see you around, then.

Tree said...

Oh! Wow, referals, thanks Lis! (Even if I was rude. ;) Ha!)

Thanks for popping in, Emily. If I go to any ren-fests or SCA events, I'll be sure to post about it.

A Well-Dressed Revolution