Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Unshackled

Truth be told, the single-most reason why there are such long gaps between posts is because I don't feel like what I want to write is what I should write. Many, many times I have thought about writing on being an adult fan of Lego, a cool movie I saw, a crappy movie I saw, a relationship event, or any other countless topics that didn't seem to fit with the direction I thought this space was intended to take. Today I say: no more. I have a few things going on that have led to need to branch out in this space.

One: I have ADD and am possibly bipolar (we're checking on that one, honestly). My "enthusiasms" are very fluid. One week, all I can spew forth from my frothy thoughts is something about politics. Another week, I'd rather be building with Lego than listening to a single word from a news source. Still another week, I'm up to my eyeballs in table-top roleplaying games, metal miniatures, and polyhedral dice. And every once in a while I wish people would just leave me the hell alone (not this week, though). Naturally, none of this bodes well for a single-train-of-thought blog.

Two: I can't bring myself to cover political issues for every post because so many of the issues end up being such a load of crap it makes my head hurt. Of course, the original intent was to cover politics and religion, but what I post is a direct result of my faith in God and where I see God moving in the world.

Three: There are movements afoot, movements tapping in to who God is and what God is doing, movements that have almost everything and yet almost nothing to do with the face of modern, Western, Christianity. I have felt drawn into this for quite some time now, and as it flows over everything, seeping into every niche, crevice, and corner of our lives, I feel like returning here and just writing. I feel that writing about the things that occur in my life and the lives of others around me is a way of being in this occurrence.

Four: The only shackles I was bound by were of my own devise. Ultimately, this is my own area. The only reason there's an ad banner on the side of the page is to generate some extra spending money, whether it's for my own pleasure or to feed the man in front of the convenience store who applauds the empty sidewalk and makes grand, sweeping gestures while addressing an unseen crowd. Adsense promises "relevant ads" and I will be amused to see what a "relevant ad" looks like as this page winds down this new path.

If you were coming here for the commentary, it will continue. If you were coming here because of our friendship, it will continue. If you were coming here because I have an account with blog explosion or whatever that thing is called, it will continue. If you were coming here because I leave comments on your blog and you wanted to see what this was all about, sucker...no, wait... that will continue, too. Now, however, there is the added bonus of some extra diversions. Some of it you will like, some of it you will hate; but in the end, it will be a lot like me.

On the side: does Blogger support post tags? i think I'll need them...

Also: If you use bloglines or another blog subscriber account, feel free to add me to your list. I just discovered Blog Lines and it's pretty spiffy.

5 comments:

mistic_mommy said...

you said spiffy. I like that word alot.

(and yes I read the whole post not just the word spiffy)

Tree said...

Hmm... since it's the very last word of my post, I may have to believe you. I'll be checking the comments you leave on other blogs to see if you like all the words that come at the ends of their posts...

'neice said...

Hey you!

I'll get your RAK in the mail this week! :)

Tree said...

Oh boy, that means you got it... I'm so excited. I'll post a pic of it when I get it. ^_^

mistic_mommy said...

what happens if I just don't comment on other blogs? maybe I don't even read any other blogs. hmmmmm....

A Well-Dressed Revolution